It’s hard to believe that Brad Pitt, a movie legend and the Sexiest Man Alive (he’s been nominated twice by People magazine), turns 57 today!
Pitt isn’t just a pretty face, as he’s been recognized as one of the most influential and powerful people in the American entertainment industry. He’s also received multiple awards, including two Golden Globe Awards and an Academy Award as an actor, as well as a Primetime Emmy Award as a producer.
After the screening of the highly anticipated Once Upon a Time…In Hollywood movie by Quentin Tarantino, the main question remains: How did Pitt manage to get such an awesome fight-ready body in his 50s?
With his extensive experience preparing for fighting roles, Pitt’s got to have a special workout routine and diet. Let’s find out the secret of his ripped body.
From Tyler Durden in Fight Club to Cliff Booth in Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
It’s been a few decades since Brad Pitt stunned the world with his role (and lean muscles) in Fight Club, and he still proves his right to be called one of the coolest Hollywood action stars with a perfect body.
His iconic role as Tyler Durden led to millions of Google searches for “how to get a body like brad pitt fight club”.
Last year, Pitt, playing the character of Cliff Booth in Once Upon a Time…In Hollywood, showed he still had balls going toe-to-toe with Bruce Lee.
Let’s take a look at Brad Pitt’s workout routine for this movie…
Mixing It Up
If you want to look like Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time…In Hollywood, combine two types of weightlifting exercises (compound and isolation), and add one hour of cardio every day.
Your daily routine may look like this: 20 minutes of jogging in the morning, a good breakfast, a weightlifting routine with 20 minutes of cardio in the end, and then another 20 minutes of cardio before bed.
The Body Is An Amazing Machine. It Needs To Perform In These Areas. We Feed It With A Proper Fuel. It Needs To Acclimate. It Will Acclimate.
Day 1 — Chest workout:
- Bench press — 5 sets, 6-10 reps
- Incline bench press — 6 sets, 6-10 reps
- Cable crossovers — 6 sets, 10-12 reps
- Dips — 5 sets, till failure
- Dumbbell pullovers — 5 sets, 10-12 reps
Day 2 — Back workout:
- Seated row pulls — 6 sets, 6-10 reps
- Straight-leg deadlifts — 6 sets, 15 reps
- Wide-grip chin-ups — 6, till failure
- T-Bar rows — 5 sets, 6-10 reps
Day 3 — Legs and calves workout:
- Squats — 6 sets, 8-12 reps
- Leg press — 6 sets, 8-12 reps
- Leg extensions — 6 sets, 12-15 reps
- Barbell lunges — 5 sets, 15 reps
- Standing calf raises — 10 sets, 10 reps
- Seated calf raises — 8 sets, 15 reps
Day 4 — Biceps, triceps, and forearms workout:
- Barbell curls — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- Seated dumbbell curls — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- Concentration curls — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- Close grip bench press — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- Tricep pushdowns — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- One-arm dumbbell tricep extensions — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- Barbell bench press — 6 sets, 8-10 reps
- Wrist curls — 4 sets, 10 reps
- Reverse barbell curls — 4 sets, 10 reps
- Wrist Roller — 4 sets, failure
Day 5 — Shoulders and abs workout:
- Seated barbell press — 6 sets, 8-12 reps
- Lateral raises — 6 sets, 8-12 reps
- Bent-over lateral raises — 6 sets, 8-12 reps
- Cable lateral raises — 6 sets, 12-15 reps
- Ab exercises — sit-ups and leg raises for 30-40 minutes
You Make Yourself What You Are. You Have Control Of Your Destiny.
Having prepared for the ex-military stuntman’s role, Pitt was already fairly fit, but he still needed special training in martial arts. So, legendary knife-fighter from Kill Bill Zoe Bell and veteran fighter coordinator Rob Alonzo trained and supervised him during the shooting.
I Didn’t Want Him Just Going Through The Motions. I Knew That If Brad Learned The Principles Of Martial Arts — Like Timing, Special Awareness, And Range — He Would Be Able To Flow In The Scenes Much More Naturally, Like A Real Fighter Would.
The main principles of Pitt’s diet are simple, and they’ll help you get into amazing shape. That is, if you stick to the plan, of course:
- Every meal should have protein, whether through supplements or through food (food is ideal). For every kilogram of body weight, aim for 1-1.5 grams of protein a day.
- Include slow-release protein sources, such as cottage cheese, peanut butter, casein, fish, etc.
- Keep carb intake below 100 grams a day. This will force your body to run on stored fat rather than get energy from carbs.
Here’s the list of supplements Pitt used to help himself get into perfect shape:
Pitt has worked hard to keep his body in top shape all throughout his career. So, if you still blame genetics or age for your physical form, just stop it and try out his routine.
Obsessing Over Being Perfect Stops You From Growing.